skip to main | skip to sidebar

The Adventure Travel

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Home » Chiang Mai Burrito » Master Burrito

Master Burrito

By Kathleen

Many people come to Thailand for the food. I am not one of them,  I know I must be crazy right? Well, I can’t stomach most sea-food (literally) and the smell of fish sauce just reminds me of long nights in dirty bathrooms so I stay away. That and I’ll admit it, I like my food a bit hardier than Thais do. I like to feel full at the end of a meal and rice noodles just don’t do it for me. In short I’m more of a beans and rice kind of girl. That being said it’s ridiculously hard to find good Mexican food while abroad.

Do Mexicans not travel? Do they not emigrate to other countries? Or do they just not open restaurants? Whatever the case it leads to a depressing lack of burritos and in Asia the issue is compounded.

Chiang Mai does not suffer from this problem. Chiang Mai has burritos, burritos that are giant, filled with goodness and smothered in sour cream and cheese. They also have corn chips salsa and the holy grail….. guacamole.

The spot we found was just called “Burritos” it had one page for a menu and was beyond delicious. Maybe I’m just starved for a good burrito but I was in heaven. The meal was completed by a fantastic frothy mint and lime shake, political posters and classic rock. For the first time in almost two months I couldn’t finish because I was so full.  (those who have traveled to SEA will know what I mean).

So yes, I just wrote a blog post about a burrito. I am such a farang.
Labels: Chiang Mai Burrito

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

  • hope center
    A few weeks ago my friend Lars Dunsberg was in town. Many of you will remember that Lars is the head of "Global Action"- an orga...
  • interesting reads
    There is an intersting discussion going on at Wes Kinney's blog regarding the baptism issue. Also, check out Kiki Cherry's post r...
  • what meekness isn't
    He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your ...
  • why church membership?
    When a person comes to faith in Christ, he immediately enters into the "invisible church". This is the church that only God sees a...
  • blessings flow from the hard places
    They camped at Rephidim, but there was no water for the people to drink. So they quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water to dri...
  • the peril of practical atheism
    Jay Leno has made “man on the street” interviews famous by asking people on the streets of L.A. simple questions about American history and ...
  • This Is What Biblical Community Looks Like
    Occasionally I receive an email that I think our entire church family should read.  Last week I got one of those emails from a member who re...
  • Up To Jerusalem
    We spent today touring around the Dead Sea. Some of the most significant sites here on the Israel side of the Dead Sea are Masada, the Qomr...
  • light and darkness in india
    As a follow-up to last weeks post- here are the reflections of one of our lead pastors, Todd Tamura, who traveled with our team on the missi...
  • jet lag and convention
    I am sitting in the Cincinnati airport waiting for my final leg of a long month of traveling. Our trip to the Middle East was an amazing exp...

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (20)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2012 (59)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ▼  2011 (64)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ▼  October (8)
      • Bakhtapur: “It’s All An Illusion” UPDATED! W/ Photos
      • Reversing the Curse
      • In The Home of the Yeti
      • Return to the Concrete Jungle
      • The Condom Hiest!
      • On The Farm
      • Death Is Life's Change Agent
      • Master Burrito
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (17)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (38)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (14)
  • ►  2009 (26)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2008 (42)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2007 (88)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2006 (65)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2005 (6)
    • ►  December (6)

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
 
My Ping in TotalPing.com